The 2022 Arnold Palmer Invitational teed off at 7:10am on Thursday morning as the PGA Tour enters its second week in Bay Hill, Florida. The tournament, held at the Bay Hill Club and Lodge, welcomes an invitational field of 120.
Winner will take home $2.16 million, 550 FedExCup points and a three year exemption on tour.
With last year’s champion Bryson DeChambeau withdrawing, the favorites to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational have been updated with Jon Rahm and Rory McIlroy at the top. Viktor Hovland, Scottie Scheffler, and Hideki Matsuyama could also be contenders. Bay Hill is always a favorite stop of the year for many fans and players. Let’s see if anyone will try the Bryson line on the par-5 6th. 😏
And with that, what better way to watch the warm-up for The Players Championship than with the classic Arnold Palmer drink in hand? Here’s our take on “that Palmer drink”.
Piper’s take on The Arnold Palmer:
- 2 oz lemonade (combination of fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and water)
- 8 oz unsweet tea (not the southern way, but you’ll thank us later)
- 1.5 oz vodka OR whiskey (player's choice and totally optional)
- A handful of ice
- Mint and fresh lemon slices to top it off
- Pour lemonade in tom collins glass (highball)
- Top lemonade with unsweetened tea and alcohol of your choice
- Stir to combine
- Garnish with mint and lemon slice
- Combine 1 cup lemonade, 5 cups unsweetened tea, ¾ liquor of choice and ice in a pitcher. Stir together. Serve with garnish of choice.